1) The primary objective for NRUG is to ensure "mainline" status for Northampton, and a good quality, value for money service from the Train Operators.
2) The service provision NRUG aims for includes:
- 2 fast & 2 semi-fast services to London each hour.
- Half-hourly (or better) services to Birmingham, at even clock face timings.
- Good connections to other parts of the rail system, especially via Birmingham or Rugby, to Liverpool, Manchester and the North/Scotland.
3) We also campaign for a new Castle Station, which will be a quality gateway into Northampton, and which will provide adequate safe and secure car and cycle parking, and excellent interchange with local bus services.